Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Life's Choices

Eric and I have had a lot of people tell us they admire how positive we have remained through all of Preston's health issues and finding out about him having Downs Syndrome.   My response is always this,"What other choice do I have?"

The way I look at it is this....I have two choices.  1. would be to curl up in a ball, feel sorry and have a little pity party for myself.  We could sit around and morn over the loss of the child we though we were going to have.  All this does not change a thing and I am going to miss out on so much.  Option 2.  Smile, make the best out of whatever is thrown my way and try to help other people who go through a similar situation.  In the process I get to enjoy the wonderful baby God blessed our family with and not miss a minute of his inspirational life!  

Option 2 makes me feel like I am in control.  I am not letting little things weigh me down.  We just take things one day at a time and if it does not go as planned we deal with it and move forward.

What good is wallowing in self pity going to do for Preston?  What good is it going to do for anyone really?  Preston is the hero here.  He goes through so much yet, you know he always has a smile on his face.  He deserves a smile back!  He deserves to be admired.  We are just along for his awesome ride!  

If we spend our whole life dwelling on the what could have been we miss the miraculous things happening right in front of us!

So next time your car breaks down or you have a bad day at work or things just don't go the way you planned think about this.....you have two choices, which one are you going to take?




2 comments: